The Family Crisis Council has six programs that work together to assist victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. These programs have very specific individual functions and work to help achieve our agency’s mission as a collective unit.
Executive Director, Renee Bradshaw- 704-754-5999 Ext. 202
24-hour Crisis Line 704-636-4718 *Extension 1
Program Head: Shelter Director- 704-636-4718 Ext. 2
- Temporary emergency shelter to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Referrals throughout our community and to other DV/SA shelters
- Supportive counseling to residents of the shelter and to victims in the community via our Crisis Line
COMMUNITY ADVOCACY PROGRAM
Program Head: Community Case Manager – 704-754-5999 Ext. 208
- Provide case management, referrals, and other assistance as needed to those clients who are not in other agency programs.
- Assist clients with navigating all of the resources available to domestic violence and sexual assault victims:
- Safety planning, housing options, case management, and counseling.
Program Head: Court Advocate- 704-754-5999 Ext. 201, 203, 204
- Assistance with protective orders
- Victim accompaniment through criminal and civil court process
- Victim referrals (Legal Aid, counseling, etc.)
Program Head: Special Victims Program Manager – 704-636-4718 Ext. 4
- Trains and manages Victim Advocates who provide 24 hr on-call hospital accompaniment for DV, SA, and HT victims
- Provides community and professional training and education regarding DV, SA, and HT
Program Head: Housing Program Manager – 704-636-4718 Ext. 3
- Rental and relocation financial assistance, independent living assistance, as well as case management, counseling support, and advocacy.
- Rent assistance up to 120 days
- Development of a housing plan and goals to meet the plan.
- Rental assistance is given once a plan is created and completed
Program Head: Community Coordinator- 704-754-5999 Ext. 206
- Solicits and manages in-kind donations
- Volunteer recruitment and orientation
- Provides information/table displays at local events
All Services are FREE of Charge.
- 24-Hour Crisis Line – Provides Crisis Intervention And Counseling over the phone by Victim Advocates.
- Emergency Shelter – Temporary shelter is available for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and their children for roughly 30 days.
- Counseling Services – For more information call 704-636-4718 to speak with an advocate.
- Support Groups – For women and children who have been a victim of (or witnessed) domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
- Trauma Recovery Support Group (For Women) Monday evenings 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- Domestic Violence Support Group ( For Women) Thursday evenings 5:00 -6:30
- Sexual Assault Support Group ( For Women) Tuesday evenings 5:00 – 6:30
- HERO Support Group ( For Children ages 5 to 12) Tuesday and Thursday evenings 5:00 – 6:30
Help Encouragement and Recognition of Observers of Domestic Violence
- Spanish Speaking Advocate – Available by appointment
- Referral Services – Help connect victims to resources within the community and state
- Court Advocacy – Court advocates work with victims as they navigate the court system. They attend civil and criminal courts every Monday in Rowan County. They also attend 50B Ex-Parte (Emergency) hearings every afternoon.
**Advocates CANNOT give you legal advice.**
- Hospital Accompaniment – Victim Advocates are available 24 hours/day, 365 days/year for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and trafficking.
- Community & Professional Education – Staff members are available for speaking engagements, informational table displays and awareness events regarding sexual assault, domestic violence and trafficking.